By signing this agreement, you are waiving certain legal rights. Please read carefully!
This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the services and events of Arch Hockey LLC, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms and assertions.
Arch Hockey LLC (“Arch Hockey”), its members, employees, volunteers, officials, participants, affiliated rinks, agents, sponsors, and representatives (collectively, “the Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, damage, death, or other loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any league, tournament, game, pick-up, activity, practice, or other event (collectively, “Programs”), caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of Arch Hockey or the Organization.
DESCRIPTION OF RISKS
As a Participant in the sport of Ice Hockey and the aforementioned Programs, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards of Ice Hockey and the Programs, that any of my participation in the Programs is done voluntarily, and that I assume all risks, known and unknown.
These risks include, but are not limited to, injuries up to and including death from:
- Physical body contact with other players, referees, the boards, the ice, and the nets during the course of play, any of which may be incidental, coincidental, legal, subject to penalty, altercations, or otherwise, any of which may result in injuries to the head, eyes, teeth, face, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, ribs, organs, hips, knees, ankles, feet, back and spinal cord, or other body parts, including broken bones, cuts, dislocations, sprains, muscle tears, bruises, and bleeding;
- Striking by hockey sticks, puck, players, any of which may be incidental, coincidental, legal, subject to penalty, altercations, or otherwise, any of which may result in injuries to the head, eyes, teeth, face, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, ribs, organs, hips, knees, ankles, feet, back and spinal cord, or other body parts, including broken bones, cuts, dislocations, sprains, muscle tears, bruises, and bleeding;
- Physical exertion and cardiovascular exertion which may lead to muscle and ligament injuries, loss of consciousness, heart failure, stroke, and other exertion-triggered maladies;
- Variations in the conditions of the ice, including thin areas, holes, ruts, grooves; and
- Variations or vulnerabilities in my own gear and the gear of others.
I am also aware that the injuries I may sustain playing Ice Hockey can be severe and, while wearing certified Ice Hockey-specific equipment may lessen or mitigate some risks of injury, all of these risks still exist.
RULES VIOLATIONS AND ACCIDENTS
I am also aware that, while there are rules in place to govern player conduct on the ice, and that referees are present to attempt to enforce those rules, violations and accidents can and do occur, and may lead to any of the aforementioned injuries, even despite the efforts of the referees, and even despite my own efforts to abide by the rules.
I am also aware that Arch Hockey strongly recommends wearing “full” protective face shields during on-ice events, and that if I decide not to wear a full face shield, my risks of injury greatly increase.
I am also aware that my level of physical fitness, as well as level of fatigue during play, may increase some of the risks associated with Ice Hockey, and that participation in Ice Hockey may exacerbate some latent physical conditions that I may have, possibly causing additional risk of injury and death.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of Arch Hockey allowing me to participate in their Programs, I further agree:
- to waive any and all claims that I may have against Arch Hockey, their directors, officers, members, employees, agents, representatives, referees, and volunteers in any way associated with the Programs (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the releasees”);
- to release the releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in the Programs due to any cause whatsoever;
- to hold harmless and indemnify the releasees from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the Programs; and
- that this release of liability shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in the event of my death
hat I have reached 18 years of age, that I am executing this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.